We all want to look as pretty as possible. Many of us just love having a flowy curly hair. Unfortunately, most of us damage it because of the constant use of heated curling tools. From curling irons to hot rollers, we have tried everything. Well, great news everybody! There is a healthy method to style your hair without actually affecting it. Headband curls are not that difficult to make, and the result will simply amaze you.
Many of you might be skeptical about the headband curls method. Especially those of you who have rebel hair that never wants to stay as you arrange it. There are plenty of online tutorials about doing headband curls, but most of them are confusing. Therefore, we have gathered some recommendations to make it easier for you to style your hair.
A Step-By-Step Guide On How to Do Headband Curls
- Brush your hair. Start by brushing your hair until you feel there are no tangles left. Making it soft and untangled will help go further in the headband curls process, in a much easier way. Otherwise, some of your hairs could break or be damaged.
- Find a wide headband. You will not need anything else but a simple wide headband. Make sure the band is strong enough to keep all your hair fixed. Otherwise, it may break before your hair got all curled up. You don’t need to measure the width of the headband. Just try to choose one that is approximately two-finger wide. Place it around your head. You can consider your forehead’s middle to be the core element for the placement.
- Arrange your hair. You can never be too careful. Even though you have already brushed it, you will need to pull it again towards the floor, to make sure that it stays where it should be. However, do this step in a gentle You don’t want to traumatize your hair.
- Divide your hair into several sections. At this point, you have to split your hair. This way, it will be much easier for you to work with it. You can try multiples alternatives, but the simplest way is to divide it into three parts. You should obtain two equal parts, the left, and the right ones. The middle section should be less thick. After doing all this, you must brush your hair, again.
- Being in the front. Choose one section (left or right), and start wrapping your hair around the headband. The best way to do this is by beginning in the front of your head. Also, the right manner to do the wrapping is by coming towards your head.
- Continue wrapping the hair. The process is very similar to when you make hair braids. As you move forward, you have to use more hair and add it to the initial one. However, be careful only to wrap one single section at a time.
- Go to the next section. When you finish wrapping one section, move to the next one. The proper way to do it is to start with either left or right part, and then continue to the other one. Leave the middle section last. You have to fix both side hair parts before actually moving on to the back part.
- Finish wrapping the middle part. As I previously mentioned, the middle section of hair should be last wrapped. You will finish when all the hair is fixed around the headband. Make sure it is not Otherwise the headband curls might be sloppy. Nobody wants a messy hair instead of well-defined curls.
- Leave it like this. You can either leave it fixed in the headband for about four or five hours, or you can even sleep with it. It is your choice. However, if you keep it overnight, the headband curls will look better, and they will last longer. Fix your headband in a certain way to assure yourself that it will not bother you during your sleep.
- Take off the headband. To enjoy your headband curls, you should remove the band. Try to make this as gently as possible to not pull your hair out. Also, if you take it out too quickly, it might make your hair all tangled and messy.
- Style your hair. After releasing your hair from the band, you should brush your headband curls only with your fingers. This way your curls will not remain separated one from the other. They will mingle in a flowy natural way. It is best not to use a brush comb because it might make the curls lose their strength.
- Extra step. You can fix your headband curls with hairspray. This is an optional thing. You don’t have to do it if you do not want to. However, keep in mind that hairspray will only make your headband curls last longer. Be careful how you spray it around your head. Try not to get too close to the head because this might stick the curls
How to Wear Headband Curls?
Now that you have stylish curly hair, you need to find original creative ways to wear it. You can choose to wear it flowing on your back. This is a simple way that saves you from spending a lot of hours in the mirror. You can fix it with hairspray and manage to obtain a vintage look. Another way is to leave it like it is or brush it a little bit, to create rebel curls. This will make you have a hippie look.
If you have enough spare time, you can be stylish it in a more sophisticated hairdo. Use hair pins to create a beautiful, elegant updo. There are plenty of options. Let your imagination flow. If you want a romantic look, you can wear it in a loose ponytail, also leaving a few hairs to flow around your neck.
Headband curls are a great alternative to heated curling tools such as hot rollers that will only damage and burn your hair. To create beautiful curly hairdos, you need a little patience and only a headband. I hope that the steps described above were helpful enough. We wanted to explain it in a gradual method. This way, it will be easier for you to keep up and follow each step.
After all, it is a matter of imagination and preference. Doing your hair is totally subjective. You should style it in a way that flatters you. You can wear headband curls any way you like. From loose flowy hair to updos and Victorian looks, there are plenty of choices for when you want to stand out from the crowd.